Albany, GA

I was diagnosed ptsd from childhood torture abuse psychologist diagnosed me old psychiatrists the np i see changed it in system what to do?

I am not exactly: Sure what you are asking. Are you indicating that your diagnosis was changed from ptsd to another diagnosis. If yes, first off - only recommend treatment from providers who are experienced in working with ptsd. Second, i often see "ptsd" diagnoses slapped on people because they have some ptsd symptoms. If is important that a very thorough evaluation be done to insure that full criteria are met to.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Provided original answer
make the diagnosis. Encourage you to discuss that with your behavioral health providers. Take care.
Jan 1, 2014
Dr. Brian Lynch
PTSD: I know the diagnosis can have legal and social consequences as well financial consequences. Most importantly treatment is based on diagnosis . I would suggest requesting or demanding to talk to the psychiatrist. Nurse practitioners :(np?) some are independent others are not . If this nurse practitioner is supervised then talk to the supervising doctor. If not go to another psychiatrist if possible.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Unclear about why?: I sense that you are troubled by this and might feel threatened about the effect the "system" can have on you. If you can be assertive you might express your concern and ask for an explanation that satisfies you. Perhaps a person you trust can help with this. Dx can matter for meds, disability rates, etc. - also, it may not matter too much, but you want things to be clear and correct, right?
Last updated Jan 4, 2014