I was diagnosed ptsd from childhood torture abuse psychologist diagnosed me old psychiatrists the np i see changed it in system what to do?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Sure what you are asking. Are you indicating that your diagnosis was changed from ptsd to another diagnosis. If yes, first off - only recommend treatment from providers who are experienced in working with ptsd. Second, i often see "ptsd" diagnoses slapped on people because they have some ptsd symptoms. If is important that a very thorough evaluation be done to insure that full criteria are met to.

Answered Jan 4, 2014

4.6k views