Jackson, MS

Cirrhosis pt, always cold, told iron not good for me is there anything else i can use to build up my blood that wont hurt my liver?

Pathology 46 years experience
Get the facts: Are you anemic or not? If you are, what is the cause? If you have chronic blood loss from upper GI bleeding, it is probably appropriate to supplement with iron unless your cirrhosis is due to hemochromatosis -- you'd know if it were and your doctor is competent. If you have anemia from some other cause, the cause needs to be addressed. Be proactive and demand to know what's really happening.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014