Needing expert help. i have puffy gums i do brush my teeth twice a day and i have braces too could it be because of the braces? how do i get rid of puffy gums?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Joel Doyon answered

Specializes in Dentistry - Cosmetic

Ask orthodontist: The puffy gums are most likely a result of not effectively brushing your teeth and gums with the braces. Speak to your orthodontist about what you need to do to improve brushing technique to reduce the puffiness.

Answered 12/3/2013

4.7k views

Brush gums ; floss: My guess is that while you brush your teeth, you are not working to maintain healthy gums. You need to brush the gums as well and floss.

Answered 4/5/2020

4.4k views

Puffy gums: The best way to resolve the puffy gums problem is pristine oral hygiene. Brush after every meal and floss at least 1x per day. Be sure to especially clean the area between your ortho brackets and the gum line. You may also find that over the counter hydrogen peroxided rinses may also help.

Answered 4/1/2016

4.3k views