Canada

what types of surgeries are available for under eye bag removal? are there different types of blepharoplasty?

Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 44 years experience
Yes: Lower lid blepharoplasty has changed from removal of bulging fat to re-positioning of fat to fill the "tear trough" below the eyelids with (if necessary) tightening of the lower lid. The problem with fat removal is that we lose fat from the face with aging and once removed it is gone forever.
Dr. Stephen Colbert
Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
Lower bleph: "bags" under the eyes can be due to different things, and can be treated in different ways. Treatments vary from skin tightening to muscle repositioning to fat repositioning to fat grafting to tendon repositioning and others. Best to see a board certified surgeon with expertise in blepharoplasty to see what treatment might be best.
Dr. Jason Hall
Plastic Surgery 19 years experience
Many: There are many ways to get rid of under-eye bags. These range from camouflaging them with fat or fillers to repositioning them to enhance your cheek bones. Incisions can be made either on the eyelid itself or inside the lower eyelid. Your surgeon should be able to hep guide you to the best procedure for you.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
Lower blepharoplasty: There are many maneuvers and techniques available in lower lid blepharoplasty. Your anatomy and surgical goals dictate what procedure will be undertaken. Have your eyelids evaluated by a board certified surgeon with expertise in these procedures.