can asian eyelid surgery help me if i do have a crease, but my eyes are hooded? from what i've read, i think my problem is too much fat in my eyelids? does asian eyelid surgery help with that, or do i need regular blepharoplasty? .

Dr. Ron Pelton
36 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Asian : Asian eyelids look asian because of where the levator muscle inserts on the tarsal plate and skin (typically low) giving a very low lid crease just above the lashes. In caucasian lids, the crease is much higher (10-12 mm). Both types of lids have fat (especially in the inner corner). If you are asian, you want to discuss at length with you surgeon whether or not you want to keep the asian low crease or have more of a caucasian high crease. The surgery for both are very similar with little (important) nuances. Find your eyelid expert at www.Asoprs.Org.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
1