A 41-year-old member asked:

Does anybody know of a cream to reduce the size in a keloid i have on my ear piercing hole?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Family Medicine 45 years experience
Probably none.: A cream will most like not work. You will more than likely need to have the keloid injected with a steroid by someone trained in the use of this. I would recommend a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Your PCP may be comfortable with this. If no response you will more than likely need to have this surgically removed. It may recur. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.