Canada

I had mri of my knee and it suggests meniscocapsular disruption. what does this mean and what are the treatment options ?

Dr. Vernon Barton
General Practice 52 years experience
Damaged soft tissues: The meniscus is the cartilage that keeps the bones from wearing against each other in the knee joint, between the femur (thigh bone) and the tibia (leg bone) which form the hinge in the knee. The capsule is the tough envelope that surrounds the knee joint, holding it together. It connects to the meniscus which is where the damage is seen. Time, p.Therapy, limited activity, ; support. See md.

Last updated Dec 28, 2014