Roswell, GA

i just had an hiv blood test that was negative. my last potential exposure would of been atleast 5 years ago. would i be considered a conclusive negative?

Dr. Randy Villanueva
HIV: Granting its really 5 years ago, you should be out of the window period/incubation period for seronegative hiv. A single sexual unprotected exposure risk is less than 1% anyway. I have encountered a false negative at this stage though but this is very rare!
Dr. Chirag Vasa
Infectious Disease 27 years experience
May be: If you have no sexual exposure or any other risk that transmit HIV than you are fine. You said "potential exposure" , what else exposure you mean? . Need clarification of question