U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old member asked:

What kind of doctor treat hip flexor strain?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine 28 years experience
Hip strain: An orthopedic surgeon is the most appropriate place to start. They can design a treatment program for you that most likely involves physical therapy and rest.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Multiple: Can be primary care, physiatrist, or orthopedic surgeon. It may not really need much treatment other than rest.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 44-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 25-year-old male asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Jun 5, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.