Going for a labiaplasty tomorrow! when can I have sex?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Ask your surgeon!

Your surgeon is the best person to ask regarding what to do when post-operatively.
Don't forget to ask about what not to do and what (signs of) complications to look for, eg bleeding, infection, etc. Also make sure you understand what you'll look like initially post-op so you won't be frightened post-op if you notice tremendous swelling.

In brief: Ask your surgeon!

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: When causes problem

There are innumerable reasons including but not limited to asymmetry, pain, discomfort, tenderness, sores, mechanical interference with sex or activity, hygiene, diversion of urinary stream, embarrassment or humiliation, visibility in garments, etc.

In brief: When causes problem

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Michael Sinclair

In brief: When U R Well!

I doubt that is the answer you really want.
You can have sex when you are healed. When will that be? Ask your surgeon, he should know how long it will take. Good luck!

In brief: When U R Well!

Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Michael Sinclair
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Usually 6-8 weeks

Having performed hundreds of procedures, the timing will vary from one individual to another with most patients feeling comfortable around 8 weeks.
However, patients have resumed sexual relations (gentle) as early as 2-3 weeks after surgery. The issue is related to wound healing and when the incisions can tolerate shear/stress forces of intercourse presuming that is what you by sex (and not oral).

In brief: Usually 6-8 weeks

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Usually safe AND

I have conducted two studies & now a third to verify the safety and efficacy.
No surgery is 100% safe and risks may include infection, hematoma, bleeding, excessive bruising, scarring, dehiscence, asymmetry, pain, numbness, discomfort, contour irregularity, over or under correction, vaginismus, dryness, dyspareunia, vaginosis, vulvodynia, irritation, unacceptable cosmetic result and the need for a revision.

In brief: Usually safe AND

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Rian Maercks
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends

It really depends on the type of labiaplasty.
Talk to your doctor!

In brief: It depends

Talk to your doctor!
Dr. Rian Maercks
Dr. Rian Maercks
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Ask your doctor

I release patients to activity individually after I do their operations.
I examine their surgical sites at follow=up appointments and tell them when they look ready. On average it is 4-6 weeks afterward. This will vary with technique and how the woman heals afterward of course. http://www.cosmeticsurgerytruth.com/blog/?p=12539.

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 6 weeks

Ask your surgeon, but i tell my patients no (vaginal) sex for 6 weeks.

In brief: 6 weeks

Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Dr. Peter Kurzweil