U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

Good day i suffer a lot with urinary infection for 10 years now. it keep coming back. now recently i noticed that even having sex became painful and i have burning and pain after it when i urine?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 30 years experience
You should see a urologist and get some tests done to make sure you don’t have an anatomical reason for your frequent urinary tract infections. Ten years is long enough-see a urologist to find out what the reason for these infections is and then get it treated. Hopefully, a urologist can help put an end to these infections. Feel better soon!!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 22, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.