U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

Hi doctors, my 14 year old son is going through a really difficult puberty. he is emotional and angry and his skin is breaking out terribly. can you suggest a good vitamin that could help his skin, as well as relax him?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
I wouldn't: I know of no vitamin or other OTC product that would make any change in what you are describing. This sounds like you need to find an unrelated therapist/counsellor or psychiatrist to deal with his emotional state. A trip to his primary care doc for acne therapy would also be wise.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 22, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.