Dear doctor. can i use dermastine with vitamin a and still go out in the sun? will my skin burn if i applied it and go out in sunlight? thank you.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Brad Goldenberg answered

Specializes in Neonatology

I read through all the product literature and do not see any photosensivity precautions with this cream. You might want to double check with your dermatologist to be certain

Answered Feb 25, 2018

384 views

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

The labeling does not contain any disclaimer that it is safe . "Vit A " does sensitize to sunlight so would avoid extended period of sun exposure especially during hours of peak sunlight, and use sunscreen. Also not to be used if pregnant or planning pregnancy. or breast feeding. f/u/ w/ dermatology https://www.umm.edu/health/medical/reports/articles/skin-wrinkles-and-blemishes

Answered Feb 25, 2018

384 views