U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing skin rash (quality: itchiness, blisters, flaking or scaling) . : skin redness or irritation. not contagious. rash 3 weeks original rash looks like it's healing but skin around it is red and raised with tiny clear fluid blisters ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edward Workman
Specializes in Pain Management
Sound like a burn: Your symptoms are suggestive of a burn, or sunburn, as in a 1st degree burn, where you have redness and blisters but no true deep skin damage. It is typical for a rash to clear and have blisters left over; they are tiny areas of inflammation fluid left over from the active rash process. It sounds like it is resolving. If it persists are recurs, you should probably see a dermatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 10, 2017

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.