U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Marietta, GA
A 26-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing rash (quality: itchiness, blisters, red or bluish purple, flaking or scaling, bumpy) . the following also describe me: skin redness or irritation, abdominal skin redness, rash on face, and painful skin. what should i do?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. John cuong Doan
Family Medicine 19 years experience
It is hard to: characterize a rash like yours based on description. It could be anything from herpes zoster (aka shingles) to poison ivy to yeast infection to impetigo. You need to see a healthcare provider who can directly visualize this rash and diagnose/ treat correctly. Thanks for trusting in HealthTap.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Exam: This rash must be examined and directly visualized: cannot be diagnosed without direct observation or photo documentation. I suggest immediate medical and/or dermatology evaluation-asap.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 24, 2018

People also asked

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.