A member asked:

I am 25 yrs old and i smoke bout a pack and a half a day and i'm on generess few bc only meds i take. i've notices a small knot on my upper left arm?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Joshua Hornstein answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Go see your doctor: It appears you are concerned about a new lump in your arm in the setting of being on birth control and smoking cigarettes. Without personally examining you and ordering additional tests, it is impossible for me to say exactly what is happening. However, one concern of smoking and being on birth control is an increased risk for blood clots. You should go see your doctor immediately for guidance.

Answered 7/29/2014



Related Questions

A member asked:

How can I get a six pack and muscular arms in 6 weeks!?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question