Carrollton, GA

is a normal ekg, 48 hour holter, and echocardiogram enough to say my heart is functioning normally? even with tachycardia/ dizzy/ palpitations?

Dr. Rodney Del Valle
Very close to say: You are ok. At your age i will say the probability of you having a heart problem is almost zero. I will add a stress test to see how you react to exercise. Also thyroid levels. Causes are: excess caffeirne, energy drinks, cold medicines, dehydration, streets drugs like marihuana, etc. Are you having those palpitations after changing position from sitting to standing? Like in pots. Stay calm and.
Dr. Rodney Del Valle
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Provided original answer
continue in communication with your doctor
Sep 19, 2013
Dr. James Chapman
Cardiology 41 years experience
Maybe: If you had your typical symptoms during your 48 hour recording, and nothing significant showed up, it unlikely there is anything serious going on. If you did not have problems during the recording, a longer monitor (event monitor) may be needed to catch it.