U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old male asked:

I have pain in my right elbow connected to triceps i've stopped the gym from one week and taking ibuprofen 600 twice daily. but still. what to do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Sports Medicine 32 years experience
Triceps strain: Ice, rest, and physical therapy may help decrease your symptoms. Taking the Ibuprofen is a good idea. It's most likely that you have a strain of your triceps muscle or tendon. This will cause you pain with extension (straightening) your elbow. Symptoms usually resolve within 4-6 weeks. If you do not get better, see your local ortho doc. An x-ray or MRI may be needed to get a more exact diagnosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 12, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.