U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

What can i take to treat foreign body ingestion?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Howard Fertel
33 years experience
Generally: Generally foreign bodies pass on their own. If the foreign does not pass the pylorus you may need endoscopy to retrieve it.
Last updated Dec 20, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.