Payson, UT

my entire left leg is swollen, while my right leg isn't. when i run, my left ankle/shin burns, but not like shin splints. what could be wrong?

Dr. William Nall
Sports Medicine 15 years experience
Be seen: This could be a few things, but most worrisome is compartment syndrome which can be an emergency. I would ice the leg and see a doctor soon.
Dr. William Harris
Several posibilities: This could be infection with redness, heat, pain, and swelling. This could be a blood clot with one-sided leg pain and swelling. It is not normal for an otherwise healthy young person to have either of these conditions, but both should be addressed soon. Have them checked out by your fp, because many things may cause burning swelling discomfort!