A member asked:

Hi. i have had a hard bump on bone in between ankle and knee. been there for a few years. started running, now terrible occasional pain. whats wrong? thought was shin splints but why does the lump/bump hurt?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Susan Rhoads answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Any change in a longstanding lump or bump needs to be evaluated. Please see your doc,and back off the running 50% (be sure you warm--up and stretch thoroughly before and after.any exercise)

Answered Feb 25, 2018



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor