if i have a ganglionic cyst the size of a pea removed from back of my big toe joint, what is recovery like?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Tariq Niazi
42 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
About 3 weeks approx: But would depend upon the size and whether it is from the joint itself or the tendon sheath; which your surgeon would be able to tell you. The tendon sheath one should recover sooner, but again depends on its location, size and whether there were any other problems/findings during surgery. Check with the surgeon who works on you.
Answered on Sep 25, 2013
3
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Not difficult: Stitches for possibly a couple of weeks and a bandage.
Answered on Sep 1, 2013
1