I had a colonoscopy today(my second one within 3 years). my dr removed 2 polyps today, 1 very large the other small. what does this mean? also how can

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Addagada Rao answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Means taken care: First you have to wait for biopsy repot , and to make sure polyp did not have cancer cells in it if you have polyps 3 years ago and again now means you need much closer follow up than 3 yeas, if some family members also have polyps then you all need genetic counseling and testing.

Answered 2/26/2015

4.9k views

Dr. Tri Huynh answered

Specializes in Gastroenterology

Colonoscopy/Polyps: If you had a colonoscopy on the day of this question posted and you had 2 polyps, you should wait till seeing your GI doctor for the pathology of the polyps. He will also discuss with you regarding next surveillance colonoscopy and likely the pathology of your polyps (benign or cancerous).

Answered 4/19/2017

4.9k views