Sacramento, CA

what is the cause for colon polyps? i went in for my five year colonoscopy and they removed three. five years ago, they removed two. these are benign

Pathology 49 years experience
Not known: It is good that you had colonoscopy and had the polyps removed. We do not know the exact cause of polyps. It is likely a combination of genetics, diet and environment. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex.