i have missing teeth in front that i think are the canines. also the front tooth is half broken & i have lots of gaps in my teeth. i'm only 18, should i get braces or a bridge?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Consult in order: We can't give you a simple answer with this type of forum. You have multiple dental problems and this requires you to see a dentist for a consultation. First, you will need a complete and thorough exam and x-rays. Your basic dentistry, namely repairing all your decayed teeth and getting your gums healthy would be step #2. Then your dentist can discuss your treatment options with you.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013
1
1
Dr. Robert Radin
43 years experience Dentistry
It is best practice to address all active dental disease first. You should probably see multiple dentists, and specialists as required in order to get a complete assessment of the scope of your conditions, and your various options for treatment. Then you can choose what works best for you, and embark on your journey to better health.
Feb 19, 2013
Dr. Kyle Shank
12 years experience Dentistry
See a dentist!: I'm going to agree with the previous answer. There really are a lot of factors that go into making the best decision here. As a rule of thumb, most of the time i would rather see the teeth moved into an ideal position to correct spaces rather than modifying the other teeth to make it look like everything is in the correct place. See a dentist, get some x-rays, and consider their advice.
Answered on Jul 17, 2016
1
Dr. Ronald Achong
17 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Depends: It depends on the amount of crowding of the teeth that is present and your upper and lower jaw relationship. Braces is a possibility and a bridge is a good option. Also, consider dental implants. Consult with your dentist.
Answered on Mar 19, 2013
Dr. Mark Venincasa
34 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
It's complicated...: I would get thee to a dentist. Just as planning for building a house is necessary to make things right, the same exists for planning your treatment. There is so much going on at the same time. Please see a dentist. If you do not have one i would recommend seeking online reviews to find one you are comfortable with.
Answered on Jun 13, 2013