U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
South Africa
A 29-year-old female asked:

I would like to get braces done, however i currently have a filling on one of my front teeth and a crown on the other, they next to each other. i would like to replace the filling and the crown with a permanent solution like implant in the long run

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Treatment Planning: When a dentist examines your dentition, together with radiographs, s/he can intelligently discuss your current dental needs and future desires. Without this information, it is not feasible to advise you over the internet, other than to tell you to make an appointment with a local dentist for a consultation.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
See 2 doctors: To determine your best course of treatment you should see both your General Dentist and a specialist Orthodontist. The two can work together to provide you with the most functional, esthetic, and stable result. Please seek professional recommendations before you make up your mind.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Provided original answer
Also know that an implant is a tooth-root substitute. It will require a crown to complete the treatment. And usually implants should be done after tooth movement, not before.
Jun 22, 2019

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 22, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.