U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 58-year-old male asked:

I had a stroke and later stress test was positive. doc recommended for angiography. do stenting a good treatment or i should control by diet etc.

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
Perhaps both: If you need a stent, your cardiologist will advise this. However, for best results you'll also want to review your diet and make sure it's the healthiest it can be. Plenty of fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, lean proteins, complex carbs. Watch the salt and sugar. Your doctor may also want you on some blood pressure medicine, and will want you to be exercising in whatever way you can.
Dr. Soren Singel
Neurosurgery 30 years experience
Where and what ?: Stroke - brain infarction. Stress test positive - heart condition. What is your diagnosis? Coronary artery stenosis? Carotid stenosis ? Which part of your plumbing system has the problem? How bad is it? What is your lipid profile? Do you smoke or not ? Recommend you discuss this with your neurologist and heart doc who have all the information.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 30, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.