U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Las Vegas, NV
A 31-year-old male asked:

Had a stress test done dec 15th 10%false positive on it. at the hospital cardio doc said ct angiography now he says no. can i get one without a docto. referral because i have been left with the doubt?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 44 years experience
Second opinion: You'll need a physician to do the angiogram, so you can't get one without a doctor. If you doubt what your doctor has shared with you about your condition, you can get a second opinion from another physician. If s/he feels it's indicated, s/he will recommend further testing. Doctors don't want to expose patients to undue risk, by doing more invasive procedures than needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Doe
Radiology - Interventional 22 years experience
Depends: Your cardiologist will likely be speaking with your primary. It never hurts to suggest it to your primary and let your physicians decide. There are risks with cardiac ct, as well as cardiac cath. If your cardiologist feels you don't need either, then i would think there is ample reason to avoid any further procedures at this point.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 9, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.