I have a 3 cm tumor in my sinus. they think it's due because of my deviated septum. what are the chances it could be cancerous?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Unlikely: Unless you know the features of this tumor in sinus(?Polyp) is hard to be sure. Your ENT doctor can advise you further. If there is any anxiety about its nature, a repeat x-ray of the sinus in 3 months can be more assuring that it is likely to be benign. Cancer of the sinuses is an uncommon cancer but it does occur. Usually it will produce blood stained nasal discharge and some local(facial pain).
Dr. David Martin
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery 29 years experience
Sinus lesion: Sinus rumors are quite rare. The most common lesion within the sinus would be a simple mucous filled cyst, which requires no treatment unless it is problematic. Studies can be done to help determine what the lesion is. I doubt that a deviated septum would cause any lesion within the sinus, however.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 25 years experience
You need a biopsy: a septal deviation does not cause tumor growth. Nonetheless, you need a biopsy.
Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 23 years experience
Sinus cancers are quite rare. If you have allergies, this could be something called a polyp, which isn't a tumor.
Nov 6, 2014
Last updated Oct 23, 2017