is protein and creatine safe ?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Protein , creatine: Our concern is the long term effects of these substances. They are not what yhey are cracked up to be in the popular press.

What's a good powder protein or creatine to take?

Dr. Mohammed Karim
Not known: Creatine and protien power are popular supplement among body builders who are trying to add muscle mass. No guideline or FDA recommnedation. Excessive of creatinine use and muscle mass will put a burden on Kidney. If you decide to take it, drink plenty of water (>3 liter/d), check kidney function & CPK. Talk to PCP and know your health before using them.

What is better for you with regards to buffing up: creatine or protein?

Dr. Victor Khabie
Sports Medicine 30 years experience
Protein: Protein is absolutely necessary to creat bulk. I am not a big fan of creatine.

What happens if i take creatine without taking protein?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Yes.: There should be no problem, provided you keep well hydrated!

What do you suggest if I am 19, 160lb, 5'10" and lean. Do i need to take protein, creatine and all that stuff again?

Dr. Mohammed Karim
No: For you I suggest to maintain a healthy life styles. Exercise regularly without use of any supplementation, no smoking, and eat right. Talk to your PCP and know your health status before using anything not prescribed or recommended by your doctor.
Houston, TX

Is Walmart protein and creatine good? Does it work? Or should I good to GNC and buy from there?

Dr. Cody Mead
Dr. Cody Mead answered
Either or: Once you get past the protein type (whey vs soy vs casein etc), the best protein powder is really the one that you'll use. Pick one that tastes good, and you'll be more likely to use it.Good luck!

Last updated Nov 24, 2015