what's the best easy to take care of a surgery scar....its a few weeks old already.?

Dr. PHILLIP KIM
General Practice 15 years experience
SunScreen: Uv protection can affect scarring. Advised to wear sun screen if scar is exposed; otc meds such as bio-oil is a +/-.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dermatology 25 years experience
Scar care: My usual recommendations (i'm a dermatologist) for post-op scar care are to keep it covered with a layer of vaseline. Let tightness of the scar direct your gradual return to full activity. At about the 6 week point i'll tell my patients to gently knead the scar to help soften it. The scar will only regain up to 80-85% of it's original strength after about a year. I hope that helps.