how much biotin is recommended daily?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Biotin: 5000 micrograms per day.
Dr. Tania Dempsey
Depends: Biotin deficiency is rare and there is no set daily allowance in the us. Biotin is also known as vitamin h or vitamin b7 and is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. High dosages in the range of 5, 000 mcg are often used for hair loss, skin and nail problems and and to help with sugar metabolism issues.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Let me help: Infants and children— birth to 3 years of age: 10 to 20 micrograms (mcg). 4 to 6 years of age: 25 mcg. 7 to 10 years of age: 30 mcg. Adolescents and adults— 30 to 100 mcg. Cosultant.
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Travel Medicine 45 years experience
No standard: No recommended daily allowance as it is so widely available in foods. Rare genetics, stomach surgery, infant dermatitis, people who make it a habit of eating raw egg whites long term (months) risk for biotin deficiency since raw egg whites bind this vitamin. Does not happen with cooked egg whites. Estimated adequate intake for an adult is 30 mcg. Low biotin may rarely causes skin rash, hair loss.