Houston, TX

My doctor told me that i have cin 4 cervical cancer. she has already done a leep and i believe that she said that she has got it all. however, she wants me to get a hysterectomy done. what should i do?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Cervical cancer: She is absolutely right. The cervix is part of the uterus. She is trying to save your life!
Dr. Darrin Cunningham
Not Cancer Yet: Cin 4 is carcinoma in situ, not yet invasive cancer. If you have completed your family, a hysterectomy is not an unreasonable option. You could have a cold knife conization to try and save your uterus if you are wanting more children, although, i would finish my family sooner than later. If you have a hysterectomy, keep your ovaries if possible, as you are very young.
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
CIN IV ?: Cin means cervical intraepithelial neoplasia , a pre cancerous condition , usually staged i to iii by IV means in situ carcinoma but not invasive yet , usually will need the just the procedure you had , you have to speak to your doctor will explain , some facts are missing , if it is not invasive ca at 26 yr old possible not to loose uterus, if needed take a second opinion good luck.
Last updated Sep 21, 2017