PA

i had a leep done 10 years ago, but still have the virus. will i get cervical cancer?

Dr. Miguel Cano
Not Necessarily: Your leep was probably done for cervical dysplasia (high grade sil). Hpv predisposes you to have recurrent disease and simply put, you benefit from continued surveillance or yearly pap smears. If this is done, it is very unlikely that you will get cervical cancer. Take care.
Dr. John Geisler
Gynecologic Oncology 27 years experience
Cervical dysplasia: The key to not getting cervical cancer is prevention and follow up. Keep up to date on your paps and follow the guidelines that your gynecologists suggest for pap interval. This will decrease your chance of developing cervical cancer.