I sprained my ankle 9 weeks ago there is still a hard bump infront of my ankle bone on the outside is this normal it hurts to push on it what do i do?

Dr. James Cole
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 33 years experience
Get CT: Sometimes a 'simple' ankle sprain is really a bone evulsion at this location and can continue to heard. A simple sprain should be resolved in 6-8 weeks max. Need evaluation with at least x-rays, but if there is any question, you need a ct or MRI based on examination and history.
Dr. Dale Vancil
Podiatry 38 years experience
Hard bump investigat: The shortest ligament in the foot/ankle is on the outside front. If there was bruising original the anterior talofibular ligament is compromised likely. This deserved aggressive conservative treatment. The lump can also be a ganglion which is like a water filled balloon. Consult your local podiatrist.
Last updated Dec 9, 2016