Canada

I was diagnosed with breast cancer that has spread to 2 lymph nodes my app't with a surgeon is aug12 is that too long a wait.can it spread?

Dr. Sabha Ganai
Surgical Oncology 20 years experience
Relax: You should be okay waiting until august 12th, although it is hard to know for sure without any more information.
Dr. Christopher Oxner
Surgical Oncology 18 years experience
Not really: While theoretically you could say yes, the data we have on getting treatment in that short of an interval has no effect on survival or tumor spread. Your outcome should be the same as if all your treatment began today. In addition, your tumor has already moved to the lymph nodes so it has already spread beyond the breast.
Dr. Souzan El-Eid
Breast Surgery 31 years experience
Surgery Timing: It is ok to wait a bit, read, do some research, maybe MRI of the breasts depending on your age, pet/ct scan for staging, second opinion, before surgery. Take advantage of that wait period to do all that, read american cancer society and susan komen foundation websites.