Valley Stream, New York

just got treated for dry socket today. pain went away! how long until dry socket heals... or until pain completely goes away?

Dr. Joseph Kim
Dentistry 26 years experience
1 week or more: A dry socket indicates that it will take the body much longer to heal than normal. If the normal person begins to feel better after 2-3 days, it is not unusual to see healing delayed for a week or longer in cases of dry socket.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
This varies: This varies from person to person based upon your healing powers, how well you follow instructions and the specific circumstances of the extraction and extraction site. Some patients require only one treatment of the dry socket while others need repeated treatments. Your own dentist can give you the best guidance in this matter.