what is the recovery timeline for a rhinoplasty? like how should i feel day by day?

Dr. Mark Loury
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 39 years experience
Depends: Recovery and course depend on how much bony and tip work is planned, whether septal and turbinate surgery will be done, primary or revision procedure. So can't answer accurately without more info. Should speak with surgeon.
Dr. David Abramson
Plastic Surgery 50 years experience
Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty is usually not a very painful procedure. However you may feel stuffy for several weeks and swelling will remain for up to one year depending on the procedure. You can usually return to all normal activities within a month.
Dr. Larry Nichter
Cosmetic Surgery 36 years experience
Rhinoplasty Recovery: Initial discomfort after rhinoplasty is easily controlled with oral medication and head elevation. The majority of swelling and bruising subsides progressively over 2-4 weeks. Areas of sensitivity or numbness will slowly resolve; the tip of the nose will feel stiff or “woody” and this will improve over the first several months. https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/face/nose-resha.
Dr. Donald Yoo
Rhinoplasty recovery: The recovery course will vary from patient to patient, and depend on the extent and type of procedure you have had. In general, patients will take 10-14 days off of work or school, at which time most patients look and feel "normal". The first day is generally the toughest, with every day getting better after that. By 3-4 days post-op, most patients will not have significant discomfort.
Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Varied: Most people will take a week off work, while a few take two. The first week is kind of like a bad cold or sinus infection with a plugged and stuffy nose. After that there is not much pain. Healing takes a full year but most swelling is gone in weeks to months.