I am 18 years old with heavy and sagging breasts. kindly guide me with the safety of breast reduction surgery and itsafter effects.

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. William Brender answered

Specializes in

I would discuss the risks and complications of breast reduction with a board certified plastic surgeon. You are trading "sagging large breasts" for smaller breast with scars and possible nipple sensation loss. If you are a smoker, . You run the risk of serious complications. Everything is a trade off. Seek a plastic surgeon who is a member of the american society of plastic surgeons.

Answered Apr 18, 2016

5k views

Dr. Matthew Stanwix answered

Specializes in

Breast reduction surgery is not to be taken lightly. You should find a fulyl trained palstic surgeon to discuss all the risks with you. However, breast surgery should be a last resort after you have tried conservative measures such as wieght loss and strengthening exercises. If you have pain, bra strap grooves, infections and other issues, and it persists, then a consultation would be in order.

Answered Sep 28, 2016

5k views

Dr. Tom Pousti answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

An “ideal” patient for breast reduction surgery is one who presents with relatively large breasts in proportion to the remainder of her torso. These patients often present with neck, back, shoulder discomfort, bra strap grooving, postural changes, and occasionally with rashes/infections. Learn about risks also. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Answered Jul 17, 2013

5k views

Dr. Thomas Fiala answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

1. Smaller, lighter, uplifted breasts. 2.. Better posture 3. Less shoulder strap grooving 4.. Easier to exercise. 5. Easier to buy clothes that fit. 6. Often less back & neck pain. 7. Less self-conscious about appearance safety record is excellent, in the hands of a well-trained plastic surgeon. Surgical scars, and their acceptance, are the main issues.

Answered Dec 10, 2013

5k views