i am 42y and i did hysterectomy and removed ovaries because of endometriosis. i am on decapeptyl for the last six months.can i take livial now .

Dr. Wendy Askew
Yes: Now that you have had your ovaries removed, the decapeptyl isn't necessary (since you are now in a surgically-induced menopause), but the livial is definitely a reasonable option. It should not stimulate regrowth of endometriosis, but may help with some of the menopause symptoms you may be experiencing. It's a selective-estrogen receptor modulator not currently available in the usa.