Ireland

I'm 21. twice now, while lying down, i've had chest and referred aches followed by instant pounding of the heart for a minute which immediately made the discomfort disappear. my heart tests are normal. any theories?

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Rheumatology 21 years experience
See below: You could have transient palpations that may not have occurred when you were wearing the holter monitor or you could have panic attacks. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms.
Dr. Jerome Zacks
Cardiology 51 years experience
Need more info.: First, it is most helpful for you to have a thorough history and physical exam by your doctor or a heart dr. If symptoms recur, a repeat 24 hour holter monitor test might clarify your heart's rhythm during an episode. It is also advisable to check routine blood tests, including thyroid function, and an echocardiogram. Usually, that's all that's necessary for a diagnosis and treatment.

Last updated Jun 21, 2020