Lehigh Acres, FL

All heart tests normal. very annoying that i feel my heart pounding in my chest and belly but only when i lay down. bp normal and hr normal.what then?

Dr. Jordan Safirstein
Cardiology 21 years experience
Feeling your heart: Feeling your heart pounding when you lay flat is very common. Hearing it in your ears and feeling it in your Chest does not mean anything is wrong. Removing gravity from the circulation system often results in a temporary increase in blood flow to the head and can yield some heightened auditory and sensory sensations of your own heart.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 27, 2015