U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Lees Summit, MO
A 31-year-old female asked:

An abusive boyfriend two months ago, kicked me in the side of my head. my tragus since is swollen and appears bruised. should i be concerned?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Let ENT have a look: It is difficult to advise you about the condition of your tragus without examining your ear. Given that it continues to look swollen and bruise, it raises concern that you may have developed a hematoma (blood clot) that is resolving. The integrity of the cartilage needs to be assessed. Make an appointment with an ENT and let them examine you and recommend what to do next, if anything. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.