U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Spring, TX
A 26-year-old female asked:

Should i get surgery for over pronation of my ankles? causes knocked knees, muscle pain, hips to pop, and lower back pain. tried inserts & therapy.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management 28 years experience
Talk to MD: If you have failed conservative treatment then surgery may be an option. I would see a orthopedic foot and ankle specialist for an evaluation. You can discuss surgical options with them. While not my area of expertise, i would question if more "extensive" orthotics would help.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
39 years experience
Surgery: Isn't the only option in this case i would try an AFO which is a brace or custom orthotics. Exhaust all conservative treatment before surgery.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.