New York, NY

for globus sensation that is caused by post-nasal drip, once the drip goes away, how long can the globus sensation typically last after that?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Varies: Making the assumption that the sensation is actually the result of the pnd, it will depend upon the duration of the PND and the degree of inflammation it has produced. The rate of resolution will also depend upon your health, underlying medical issues, etc. If it lasts longer than two or three weeks suggest you get examined by an ENT doctor. May not be due to the pnd.