I am having a pain where my gall bladder was removed. There is bile in my stomach and my bile duct is swollen. Hida scan shows normal -what is this?

Dr. Barry Rosen
33 years experience in General Surgery
Postchole-x Syndrome: Postcholecystectomy syndrome is the persistence or return of RUQ abd pain following gallbladder removal. This is due to non-biliary causes (irritable bowel, ulcer dz, gerd, etc), organic biliary dz (common duct stones/stricture/cancer), or functional biliary disease (sphincter of oddi dysfunction). I advise GI work up to include labs, ultrasound+/-ercp, depending on above results.
Answered on Aug 20, 2019
1