anyone know what is a high level of blood sugar during gestational diabetes to have big babies?

Dr. David Sneid
Endocrinology 41 years experience
See below: Abnormal values with pregnancy GTT are: fasting 95 mg/dl or higher 1 hour 180 mg/dl or higher 2 hours 155 mg/dl or higher 3 hours 140 mg/dl or higher the higher you are, the more risk to develop fetal abnormalities. Check w/your doctor!
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Over 140: A blood sugar of 140 will enable diagnosis of gestational diabetes. If you have been diagnosed, your baby is in danger of growing at a too large rate. This causes the baby's system to produce insulin at a higher rate, which fuels growth. There are multiple complications at risk. You can use exercise to bring blood sugar back to normal range. Be sure and follow your doctor's orders to a T.