U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
San Antonio, TX
A 27-year-old female asked:

I have a small rash on my hand..idk what it is from...what can i use to treat my rash that is over the counter?,

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
Depends on cause: Of the rash. If it is allergy or contact dermatitis, you can try otc Hydrocortisone cream. If it is a bacterial infection, you can try neosporin ointment. If it is a fungus infection, you can try Clotrimazole cream. And treatment for one could be harmful for another. As you can see, it is not simple, so go see a dermatologist to be sure.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.