How long is it supposed to it take for my chalazion and swelling from cortisone steroid injection?

Dr. Tod Haller
Ophthalmology 17 years experience
Few weeks: Typically, it takes a few weeks for steroid injections to melt a chalazion away, but that is for small to medium sized chalazia. It typically does not work in one shot for large chalazia. Besides, steroid injections do not always work anyway, but it should at least shrink it. Other options are surgery or even just leaving it alone. If you leave it alone, it will go away over few months on its own.