U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

Dull pain under the right side of my ribcage for 3-4 years. i have had multiple ultrasounds and it is not gall bladder or tumor. vc came back clear. ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 26 years experience
Keep looking: You are a male 28 years old with right upper quadrant pain. You stated it is not gallbladder or tumor. Your doctor should keep looking. If it limits quality of life. The structures in this area are the liver, gallbladder small bowel and right colon. Blood tests to evaluate for hepatitis need to be ruled out. A specialist referral may help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 6, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.